We know that there are residents who enjoy living in Lower Falinge but unfortunately, many people stopped choosing to move to this neighbourhood.
We explored with the community how we could change this, to make Lower Falinge a place where people from all generations want to live and are proud to call home.
As well as building new homes of different types and sizes, we are working to improve the open spaces in and around the neighbourhood with better lighting and accessible safe green spaces including community gardens and a safer play area. We want to give residents better parking options and improve the routes in and around the neighbourhood for pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles, making it easier to get around. We are also looking at new pedestrian crossing points to St Mary’s Gate, to improve connections into the town centre.
We are on site building 55 new homes – a mix of 2 and 3 bedroom houses and 1 and 2 bedroom flats, along with public open space, a new play area and a community garden – and hope to have this completed for Summer 2022.
We are consulting with residents on improvements to the retained blocks in Lower Falinge including proposals for enhancing outside space, stairwells, balconies and bin stores. As we work on the detail of the next phases of development at Lower Falinge we will continue to ensure that we are considering our existing and future residents and to support them to have the best opportunities.
You can download information from our consultations and workshops here:
- August 2018: Community Workshop Display Board August 2018
- March 2018: Community Workshop Boards April 2018
- December 2017: Community Workshop Display Boards 131217
- June 2017: Lower Falinge Exhibition Boards June 2017
- May 2017: College Bank and Lower Falinge Update May 2017
- March 2017: Community Workshop Consultation Feedback
- March 2017: Lower Falinge Workshop Information March 2017
- March 2017: Lower Falinge Workshop Leaflet March 2017
- February 2017: Lower Falinge Workshop Display Boards 060217
- January 2017: Lower Falinge January 2017
- November 2016: Lower Falinge and College Bank Information 2016
Supporting the wider regeneration of Rochdale with significant investment.