We still have a long way to go before we can finalise our proposals for College Bank and Lower Falinge, but we have taken some important steps recently. As our proposals progress we will have a clearer idea of timescales and we will let the local community know when we have this information.
In the meantime, here’s a summary of what has happened over the past few months and what we’ll be doing next:
- Moving Forward with the Residents Deal; the independent recommendation – Our independent advisor, Helen Nicol has now completed her report and has made a number of recommendations following the feedback she has received from residents. More details about the Resident’s Deal and how you can get involved to progress these recommendations can be found here.
- Serving of Initial Demolition Notices at Lower Falinge. On Monday 23rd July 2018, we knocked on the doors of all residents of Lower Falinge whose homes are affected by the demolition proposals to hand over their Initial Demolition Notice. We had already visited in April 2018 to let people know we would be delivering them. Along with the formal notice, we included a letter and an information sheet providing further explanation, together with details of how to get in touch with RBH for support or advice.
- Plans approved for more family homes and green space in Lower Falinge! Our proposals have taken another step forward, with Rochdale Council’s approval of our plans to deliver 55 new homes at the heart of Lower Falinge together with new and improved green space. Find out more.
- Keeping residents in College Bank informed. On 26th February 2019, the RBH team visited homes in the College Bank area; we provided information to residents face-to-face and explained our intention to demolish the Mitchell Hey, Dunkirk Rise, Tentercroft, and Town Mill Brow tower blocks over the coming years. On 26th March 2019, we provided residents in those four blocks with an Initial Demolition Notice together with a letter and an information sheet providing further explanation, together with details of how to get in touch with RBH for support or advice.
- Continuing to work with Rochdale Council. We have been working closely with Rochdale Council to include our proposals for College Bank and Lower Falinge in their planning documents.
- We will continue to work with the community to develop our proposals for College Bank and Lower Falinge further. Including developing the resident side commitments of the Residents’ Deal.
- We will continue to hold our informal weekly drop-in sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday morning.
- We will continue to hold our community workshops and consultation events to make sure we keep you informed and to get your thoughts and feedback on the proposals as they progress so that we can develop the detail together.
- We will continue to actively seek funding to support the Masterplan work. The funding could be from the Government, the private sector and from RBH’s own resources.
Have Your Say
Now find out how you can get in touch with us and have your say about the proposals.