In Lower Falinge, we know that there are residents who enjoy living there but unfortunately, many people are no longer choosing to move to this neighbourhood.
We want to explore how we could change this, and make Lower Falinge a place where people from all generations want to live and are proud to call home.
As well as looking at building new homes of different types and sizes, we are working to improve the open spaces in and around the neighbourhood with better lighting and a larger, safer play area. We want to give residents better parking options and improve the routes in and around the neighbourhood for pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles, making it easier to get around. We are also looking at new pedestrian crossing points to St Mary’s Gate, to improve connectivity with the town centre.
In August 2018, we submitted a planning application for the next phase of development at Lower Falinge. This includes 55 new homes; a mix of 2 and 3 bedroom houses and 1 and 2 bedroom flats, along with public open space, a new play area and a community garden. We expect to receive a decision on our planning application late Autumn 2018.
As we develop the detail of the next phases of development at Lower Falinge we will continue to ensure that we are considering our existing and future residents and to support our residents to have the best opportunities.
You can download information from our consultations and workshops here:
- August 2018: Community Workshop Display Board August 2018
- March 2018: Community Workshop Boards April 2018
- December 2017: Community Workshop Display Boards 131217
- June 2017: Lower Falinge June exhibition boards[pdf] 9MB
- May 2017: College Bank and Lower Falinge Update May 2017.pdf [pdf] 779KB
- March 2017: Community Workshop Consultation Feedback.pdf [pdf] 4MB
- March 2017: Lower Falinge Workshop Information March 2017.pdf [pdf] 3MB
- March 2017: Lower Falinge Workshop Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 338KB
- February 2017: Lower Falinge Workshop Display Boards 060217.pdf [pdf] 7MB
- January 2017: Lower Falinge Community Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 1MB
- November 2016: Lower Falinge and College Bank information.pdf [pdf] 56KB
Supporting the wider regeneration of Rochdale with significant investment.