We want to explore how we could make College Bank a place where people from all generations want to live and are proud to call home. We are keen to invest more and provide a good mix of different types of housing to suit people at all stages of their life.
From our work so far, we think there are some great opportunities that our investment in College Bank could result in, such as refurbishing some homes in the neighbourhood, which would be fully modernised to provide great quality, high-rise homes in the town centre.
New development could replace demolished blocks, and we would look to make improvements for pedestrians at St Mary’s Gate; introduce more open and shared spaces; improve parking for residents and improve connections in to the town centre, making it easier to access the new shops and facilities there.
We still have a long way to go to develop the detail of the proposals for College Bank and we will do this together with the community.
Above all, we always want to ensure we are considering our existing and future residents and to support our residents to have the best opportunities.
You can download information from our consultations and workshops here:
- December 2017: Community Workshop Display Boards 131217
- June 2017: College Bank June exhibition boards[pdf] 10MB
- May 2017: College Bank and Lower Falinge Update May 2017.pdf [pdf] 779KB
- March 2017: Community Workshop Consultation Feedback.pdf [pdf] 4MB
- March 2017: College Bank Workshop Information.pdf [pdf] 4MB
- March 2017: College Bank Workshop Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 1MB
- February 2017: College Bank Workshop Display Boards 060217.pdf [pdf] 6MB
- January 2017: College Bank Community Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 487KB
- November 2016: Lower Falinge and College Bank information.pdf [pdf] 56KB
Supporting the wider regeneration of Rochdale with significant investment.